Sunday, October 21, 2012

Bleeding Blue


I’ve made it through the first half of fall semester.  So much has happened, and I don’t even know where to begin.   It’s been really hard, but I’m still loving it.  I feel like I’ve grown so much throughout these past few months, but I know I still have so far to go.   I’ve had a lot of challenges, but as I’ve made it through them, I know I have come out stronger.  Classes have been hard, but manageable.  I’ve started a job, and it’s been fun, but tiring.   And my days are so busy with school, work, and then when I have time- hanging out with friends.  I barely have time to write anymore, thus why it’s been a while since I’ve posted.   I could tell you about the hard things about college, but I’m going to reflect on a few of the fun things I’ve done recently.
            During Homecoming week, there were lots of activities throughout the week, and I went to True Blue Football with my best friend Kylie.  Basically it’s a huge slip n’ slide down a hill filled with blue foam.  Afterward, you were literally completely blue.  It was a ton of fun, especially trying to get it off…
            The first weekend in October, one of my best friends’ Spencer from high school came to visit, and one thing led to another, and my absolute best high school friends Preston, Spencer, Macey and I all went to the theme park Lagoon.  It was THE BEST day I’ve had in a long time.  Riding roller coasters, laughing with my best friends, and just enjoying the day not worrying about school for once, was such a relief. 
Then this past weekend, my best friend Kourtney came and visited from Arizona, and I spent the most amazing weekend with her.  On Friday, I got to be reunited with Brynne, Erin, and Kourtney all together for the first time since middle school.  And on Saturday, after Kourtney spent the night, Preston took us to City Creek mall in Salt Lake where we met up with Macey and spent the day shopping.  I’m so lucky to have such amazing friends. 
I’m so blessed to be at this university, and there are stories to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment