Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Happy

My last post was about being home from school for the summer, and although it is no longer summer, I am still at home.  I’m not back at school because I have decided to serve an LDS mission, so I will go back to college after I get home.  I leave on November 6th, to go to Columbia MTC, and then I’ll be in the Bolivia Santa Cruz North mission.  I get to learn Spanish, preach the gospel, and serve the people there for 18 months.  I am so excited! So until then, I’ll be working to earn money for my mission.  I’ve been working all summer at a daycare, and I love being able to spend all day with children. 
            Although I’m excited for my mission, I really miss being at college.  I miss my roommates, the social life, and the overall environment of BYU, and of college life in general.  It’s exciting to be on your own and always having new adventures.  But I know that putting off school is only a small sacrifice for something greater that is in store for me. 
            Being at home has really made me appreciate simple things.  Like family.  I am so blessed to have my family and their constant unfailing support.  And friends.  I love my friends!  I have many friends who are currently on missions, and they are such great examples to me.  I also have made one friend recently who has become one of the best friends I’ve ever had.  This friend has really made me realize that God has a plan for me, and knows exactly what I need.  He’s also made me appreciate the little ridiculous things in life that make me so happy. 
            Right now, I feel so blessed and so incredibly happy.  I’m excited for life- for what lies ahead.  There’s no reason not to smile J

            This will be my last post for a while, because I will be starting a missionary blog.  Check that out to read of my adventures in Bolivia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment